Things realized:

Monday, May 3, 2010

I strongly believe that I have a lot to offer the art world, and that what I'm offering isn't dumbed down for the masses, yet relates to everyone on a more intellectual, and purely aesthetic level.

I'm sure millions of people feel this same sense of grandeur towards their ideas, but unless you're out there doing something about it, it's an absolute waste. I truly believe that I won't be able to rest until I put my permanent thumbprint on this culture.

I've always thought, without a doubt, I would become (or am?) a photographer. As I'm getting to know myself better, I'm realizing there's so many other creative outlets that I have talent and interest in. Only problem is, I want to do it all and be the best at everything I go after.

Ideally, I would art direct, produce, design the wardrobe, style, light, shoot, and retouch every photograph I create. When I got into photography, I thought all of the afore mentioned "jobs" were all assumed tasks that came with the title "Photographer". Wrong.

Perfectionist or control freak, I'm not sure. I guess it's a fine line.

At the end of the day, I know I'm still young and there's plenty of time to figure everything out. But why wait when I could lay the ground work now, and learn from my mistakes before it's too late to grow from them. I just wonder if I want is too much for any one person to tackle alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment